Perbadanan Putrajaya Building Complex – Malaysian Federal Government Buildings, Malaysia.
Putrajaya near Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia houses 30+ federal government buildings. This is a high secured area and the government wanted to implement the Intelligent Building Management System which comprises of the Building Management System (BMS) and Facilities Management Software that integrates with the BMS to provide complete automation to the Facility Management (FM) Operations. PPJ was looking to have a portal integrated using which they wanted to manage all these buildings and its operations.
Metronic Global Berhad, Malaysia – SIERRA’s partner is a market leader in Malaysia in the Intelligent Building Management Systems (IBMS) chose to implement SIERRA’s – eFACiLiTY – Enterprise Facilities Management System that integrates with popular Building Management Systems (BMS) and provides all possible facilities management modules like Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) or Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) or Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) which is the primary module along with Helpdesk System with Knowledgebase, Visitor Management System, Facilities Booking / Reservation System, Tenant Billing System, Time and Attendance System, Mail Room Management etc.
Today, the Federal Government Buildings of Malaysia located in the Putra Jaya City is intelligently managed via the eFACiLiTY portal and this provides the following Key Benefits:
- The eFACiLiTY – Asset / Maintenance Management module picks up alarms from the individual assets in case of any mal–function via the Building Management System (BMS), generates work orders automatically and alerts the maintenance technicians / contractors over SMS and email.
- The eFACiLiTY – Asset / Maintenance Management module manages all the assets present in these 30+ buildings, tracks their warranty / AMC contract details, their maintenance schedules, costs & budgets, break–down history, inventory related to the assets and their purchase orders etc.
- The periodic maintenance work orders are auto–generated by the system reducing the planning requirement and tracks the cost involved, labor involved and spares / tools requirement and scheduling.
- The eFACiLiTY – Helpdesk and Knowledgebase module manages all the services requests and calls received, assigns it to the helpdesk operators / team to acknowledge and take necessary actions, raise work orders for solving any issues, gather feedback on completion of the request etc in a seamless manner ensuring user delight.
- The eFACiLiTY – Facility Booking module manages the reservation of all facilities like conference rooms, meeting rooms, office space etc available in the government buildings, maintains a booking calendar, takes care of reservations / cancellations, billing to respective cost centers, managers orders to the catering for supplying refreshments, car park booking etc.
- The eFACiLiTY – Visitor Management System helps effective management of the front desk / security to screen the visitors, register, sign–in quickly and allow the visitor only to relevant areas via integration with access control devices and is very useful for managing the security of the government buildings.
- The completely web based and centralized system is accessible to all end–users of the facility for reporting problems and reviewing the status thereby reducing the calls to the call center.